The New York Genealogical and Biographical Society is taking reservations for its Research in Albany Tour 2022.
It will take place in person in Albany on Nov. 2-4. New this year will be pre-tour orientations and an advance personal consultation.
The onsite tour includes personal consultations during your research at the New York State Archives and the New York State Library. The Library’s open stacks hold extensive collections that include family genealogies, local histories, DAR records, church records, census records, early newspapers on microfilm and city and telephone directories.
The Archives hold such items as military service, land records, court records, records of some correctional and custodial institutions and correspondence files.
The program includes:
- Orientation to the New York State Archives and the New York State Library by staff experts
- Private consultations (2) with a professional genealogist and follow-up as needed
- Access to professional genealogists for all three days of the program
- Orientation breakfast on Wednesday morning
- Buffet breakfast on Thursday and Friday
- Wednesday pre-dinner gathering at the Hilton
- Reduced rates at the Albany Hilton
The trip is more useful for those who are searching for records other than New York City.
The cost is $699 for members and $595 for non-members.
For more information, go to: https://www.newyorkfamilyhistory.org/events/albany-genealogy-research-trip